Monday 12 January 2015

Gulab jamun

On my personal note -  Before Going to the recipe, I would like to share my Hubby's Birthday Cake.This is the first time he celebrated his birthday with our lil princess, So it is a special one for all of us :-)


Special Occasion calls for a Special Recipe, So I decided to prepare  Gulab Jamun on My Hubby's Birthday. I also prepared this as my hubby is very much fond of this dessert. I  decided to post this in my blog , so captured snaps while preparing the sweet. This is my first sweet I am posting in my blog with step by step preparation snaps. I am glad to post this recipe and I hope you too enjoy this Delicacy :-)



Ingredients needed :

Gulab jamun flour - 1 packet (200 grams) - available readymade 
Warm milk 
Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 2 1/2 cups
Cardamom crushed - 2
Almond - few(optional)
Oil for deep frying 

Method :

How to prepare sugar syrup ??

In a wide pan mix sugar, water and boil it until both the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup becomes slightly sticky . Add the crushed cardamom . Do not boil too much . Turn off the flame and keep it aside .

How to prepare gulab jamun??

  1. At first mix the gulab jamun flour well with your fingers to remove all lumps .
  2. Then knead the flour adding little by little warm milk till the dough becomes soft.  Keep it aside for few minutes.
  3. Grease your hand with oil and start to divide the dough equally and make small balls without any cracks.
  4. Heat oil and fry the gulab jamun in medium heat so that the inside part of the gulab jamun will also get cooked well. Keep stirring it gently till it turns dark brown . 
  5. Remove with a slotted ladle and place it in a kitchen towel, allow it to cool off a little .
  6. Then drop the gulab jamun in hot sugar syrup. Let all the gulab jamun remain soaked in the syrup for 1 hour .
  7. Garnish it with chopped almond or pistachio.
Serve it hot or cold of your choice. 

Tips :

  • Do not fry gulab jamuns in high heat as the outside part will be browned quickly but the inside part will not be cooked properly.
  • check the oil by dropping the small amount of dough if it takes few minus to float, then it is the right time to fry jamuns.
  • Avoid cracks while making balls, because it breaks when soaked in sugar syrup.
  • Kneading the gulab jamun flour with warm milk, makes the gulab jamun too soft. If you prefer you can add water instead of milk. 
  • Allow it to cool a little before dropping them in the sugar syrup.
Yields : 20-25 jamuns.


No comments:

Post a Comment